Thursday, 17 November 2011

Jap Food. Oishi~!

Had dinner at a wonderful Japanese restaurant :)

Photobucket


Ordered three kiddy set meals. I love it when restaurants let customers order kid meals even when there isn't any kid present! I mean, why do some establishments have to be so strict with this sort of thing? Sometimes kid's meals are just better! More variety, cute presentation and the portion isn't that big :)

Photobucket


Spaghetti set. The spag was alright I guess, it was those tangy tomato sauce kind which I don't really like. The ebi fry, however, was amazing. Normally ebi fry has to be eaten with mayonaise to taste good but the batter on this one was so flavourful! The prawns were fresh and succulent too ^^

Photobucket


Ramen!!!!!!!

Omg I love the ramen at this restaurant. Tried the chicken soup-based one the first time I ate there and it blew my mind. I find that the 'mini' portions are just nice :)

This time however, it was kinda disappointing coz the soup was seriously way too salty. But, still really delicious!

Just looking at the pic is making me salivate...*slurp*

Photobucket


Curry rice~!

Would you LOOK at that plate?! Presentation points 100 out of 100!

Comes with ebi fry (yay!) and karaage. Which, let me just tell you, tasted. Terrific.

Seriously it is just so crispy and freakin' delicious! The batter was glorious and gave it such a beautiful CRUNCH and it just tasted fabulous, especially dipped in the curry. It is on the greasy side though, so thank goodness for the lettuce shreds :)

Photobucket


Side dish: tofu fry

Very, very nice. Much nicer than Sakae Sushi's version, ahem. The sauce, while really tasty, was way too salty again so :\

And for dessert...

Photobucket


GREEN TEA ICE CREAM PARFAIT!!

Omo omo omo~

Alright pardon my excitment but I have this thing with green tea flavoured ice creams okay. It's just...I love the flavour so much but it's kinda hard to find really good quality ones which actually taste authentic and green tea-like! Trust me, some versions taste like crap...

But this one, mmmmmm~

It is just so GOOOOD!

So yeah, go try it lol. There's like milk cream also, which tastes like liquified 大白兔奶糖.

Photobucket


Taiyaki in cool flavours! They're priced at $2 each, which I think is crazy affordable. Was going to ta-bao one chocolate&custard flavoured one but was too full lol.

Lastly...

Photobucket


you know it's the end of the year when you see freakin' Xmas decorations everywhere you look!

Keke~

toodles y'all! Gosh I can't believe 2011 passed by so damn fast...

Gonna go watch Hangover II :D

4 comments:

  1. IKR! The kids meals are so cute and yummy. Dunno why some places don't let us order them. :(

    Please do check out my giveaway! :)
    Check out "Winter Blossoms' 1st Giveaway!" from #Innit http://innit.nuffnang.com/view/2305621

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely food and I do indulge in Jap food at least once a month. You bet the presentation is creative, all the more making it very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow looks so.delicious! I feel hungry too after looking at the pics haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @LauraLeia: yeah someone who agrees with me! xD
    it's like, we pay less for a smaller portion, i don't see how the establishment would lose out!

    @Nava Krishnan: Jap food does have a tendency to put a lot of effort into making their presentation special :)

    @graceee.: haha yeah trust me i feel hungry too when i look at them... *reminisce* :P

    ReplyDelete