Saturday, 13 April 2013

Sweets With My Sweet

About three weeks ago I went out with my baby girl Steffi ❤. We headed to Liang Court which is one of my favourite spots in Singapore because it holds a lot of my childhood memories and is also a nice quiet place brimming with Japanese culture, food and people as far as the eye can see. I learned that Steffi isn't a big fan of crowds, just like me! I know some people are quite the opposite, they thrive on the atmosphere and liveliness of crowded places. But I hate it. Especially places crowded with gangs of YOUTHS! They scare me...which shouldn't be the case considering the fact that I am a youth myself >.<

We went to have lunch at Saizeriya, which I simply adore! Casual restaurant which serves decent Italian cuisine at superbly affordable rates. What's not to love? One of the things which I really enjoy about dining at Saizeriya is the drink buffet. For a reasonable fee, you get to go back and forth to the drinks station countless of times, filling up on soft drinks, coffees and teas (I simply LOVE playing around with the coffee machine), there's even juices and milo! It's perfect for when you want to just chill and have a nice long chat with your friends with no worry of getting thirsty from all your gabbing :)

Steffi presented me with not one but two gifts which she very kindly got for me while on her trip to Taipei. How sweet is this girl?! The fact that she even thought of me while she was on holiday makes me so happy, and the things she got me are so magnificent too! She got me a pair of gorgeous ear studs which I'm really excited about wearing (I seem to have become disinclined to wearing the long, dangling earrings which I used to be highly fond of when I first got my ears pierced a number of years ago) as well as the prettiest Anna Sui-inspired card holder I've ever seen. It's got a red floral design and it's just soooo pretty ahhhh~~ And this Steffi is so smart, she bought me a card holder just as I was starting to go on a lookout for one! Sista, seems like we got some telepathy thing going on ya? xD

After a satisfying meal and confabulation session, we jalan-ed around shops at Liang Court. I found a wonderful treasure at the two-dollar store (one of my favourite shops haha). An adorable notebook with a cover that has cupcakes and donuts on it. CUPCAKES. AND DONUTS. Ahhhhhhhh~~!! It is so sweet!! Lol #notfunny

But yeah I'm so madly in love with it and I can't believe it only cost me two freaking dollars. Every time I see its cute lil cover a smile just flashes across my face :)

Steffi and I adjourned to The Central thinking that there would be more interesting stuff to see there. Nope. We were wrong. The Central literally has nothing. Well, okay they have a small handful of clothing stores and whatnot but it's mostly just services outlets like slimming centers and spas. There are a few cafes there which look quite promising, including one which serves Japanese-style pasta. I love Japanese-style pasta :D

We decided to rest our tired legs and get some ice-cream too. Also, we wanted to chill and talk even more hahaha. Steffi and I went to this quaint little coffee and dessert stall situated facing the river, sat our bums down at the nice sheltered area and tucked into to our sweet treats.


My milk tea flavoured ice-cream. I'm a huge fan of iced milk tea (or teh ping, which I recently learnt is better to refer to when at local food courts and coffee shops so as not to appear dumb/pretentious) but it's always risky to drink it because it seriously keeps me up all night. Coffee doesn't seem to have such an effect on me, weirdly enough. But once I have milk tea, sometimes even just a sip, my eyes will be kept wide open the whole night.


Steffi wound up not having the cheesecake-flavoured ice-cream she had wanted, but a slice of oreo cheesecake instead. Clearly a fan of cheesecake, a woman after my own heart :')

This puny slice of cheesecake actually costs quite a pretty penny. After Steffi let me sample a bite of it, however, I thought it was pretty worth it. The excellent taste and quality of the cake was easily distinguishable. It was so rich and creamy throughout, and it had pleasantly strong oreo accents too. Definitely worth a try if you're a cheesecake lover :)


It was a pretty hot and humid day (in Singapore, what else is new?) and at times I wondered why I chose to wear my hoodie on that day. It did rain a little bit though, which was nice because it cooled things down. Coupled with the smell of asphalt after rain, the environment became wonderfully tranquil :)

Steffi and I had a great time chatting and we later strolled down the row of booths shown in the picture above, which were set up just as we were about to leave. They sold stuff like novelty T-shirts, kids' toys and accessories, hand-crafted jewellery and some pretty eye-catching fashion pieces which unfortunately didn't fit well with my budget :\

All in all, it was a fantastic day spent with my beloved Fifi and I can't wait to see her again. Hope it won't be too long til then, what with our upcoming busy school schedules and all. Steffi, if you're reading this, I love you and thank you once again for your marvelous pressies~! Stay toned and fabulous ya! ^_^

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you had such a nice day with your friend. I hope you meet her again soon.

    ReplyDelete