Monday, 3 February 2014

Word Nerd (and proud!)

Welcome. Here is a picture of me holding a banana.


But it's no ordinary banana...

Nope!

It's...


The BANANAGRAMS BANANA!!

Made of fabric!

And when you unzip it...


Out pours all the Bananagram letter tiles!!

OH MY GAAAAAAHD!!!!!!! ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

Hahaha so yeah, these pics were taken one very fun and idyllic night in my recent Perth trip. I played some fun word games with my sister and dad, while my mum slogged away packing all the wonderful stuff we all bought Down Under hehe. Did I mention that it came to a total of 10 large luggage bags? LOL.

I'm a word nerd and proud, I just love love LOVE words! So these games were super funtastic for me hahaha. I just love board games and card games and shit like that. Sure beats being stuck to a phone/tablet/computer screen all the freaking time. Pity that they're usually ridiculously pricey :( I mean come on, almost fifty bucks for a board game set? Ain't nobody got $$ fo dat.


My Bananagram formation! I'm very proud hehe :))

Next we played...


Upwords!!

I still remember that this was a gift from my Godmother when I was still a widdle kiddy, not yet intelligent enough to play such a complex game. I sure am glad that she gave it to me, though! I didn't know it back then (I vaguely remember grumbling about how I wished she got me a Barbie playset instead HAHA. those were the days~) but over time, I've grown to love it and every time we fly back to Perth, it brings our family many hours of joy!


Fun fun fun fun, looking forward to the next holiday~
Where we will be able to head to my second home once again~~

Hehehe.

***

In other news, the four days of CNY break has come to an end and it's back to school tomorrow. Honestly I can't lament about anything because it has been a GRRRREAT couple of days and I had just as much fun adventures as I had resting and recharging my worn out batteries.

Definitely what I needed to prep myself for the three weeks ahead, the last few weeks of the school year and boy, have we got our work cut out for us! It's gonna be crazy, that's for sure.

I'm also really thankful for all simple blessings this Chinese New Year period. Be it the moments of serenity (always a treasure), the joy and festivity in the air (best time of the year!), and spending so much quality time with my beloved family ♡

I've had an absolute blast the past few days and I'm so happy :))

Not to mention that I probably ate my weight's worth in delicious CNY goodies lol.

Hope you all had a wonderful Lunar New Year and a well-deserved break!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard about those bananagrams before. I think they are a good way for children to practice their spelling words. I use to love playing Upwords and haven't played since I was eleven.

    ReplyDelete