Saturday, 12 April 2014

Is Anybody Out There?

Quick update because honestly I feel terrible for the lack of new posts.

Recently I've been out a lot doing fun stuff and having adventures (second last week of the holidays, gotta make the most of it!), and accumulating lots of rad pictures in my camera as well as a whole bunch of content to blog about.

But unfortunately, I have zero motivation to actually blog. None at all.

Now don't get me wrong, I've had plenty of dry spells like this where I would go for as long as a couple of months without publishing a new post. But they were all just...hiatuses. I always knew that the feeling of wanting to blog would come back to me eventually, and I'd hop online and get back into the swing of things, churning out one post after the other.

This time, however, I felt like quitting this stuff. Like, for good.

:((

I don't know, I've never thought about it like this before. I've never thought of just putting a full stop to this blogging journey, period. But lately I've just been getting this feeling like, what's the point of all this?

Sure, I really get so much joy from snapping nice pictures and writing all my blog posts, reliving the wonderful moments I have. Blogging in itself is something that I truly love.

But there comes a point in time where you just think, what am I doing all this for? Who am I writing this to read? All the hours I've put into constructing each post, all the energy I invested over the many months I've been doing this. And I don't even know if there's anyone out there who reads the stuff I blog.

I remember the last HMB lecture about stories, "Stories only live on if there is an audience".

I'm getting tired. Of seemingly talking, or typing, on and on but for no audience at all. I'm losing that spark which makes me want to jump straight onto the interwebz and rave on excitedly about the joyous happenings in my life.

If you're reading this, please, just drop a quick comment so that I know I'm not alone in this. And I'm not just some crazy lady putting in so much effort to maintain a blog that does not have an audience like, at all. Sharing stories that will not live on. Will you do that for me? Coz I think I really need it...

***


On a side note, I had the Flaming Green Curry burger from McDonald's for dinner the other day.

I'm an absolute spice wimp, I cry when I eat tom yam flavoured cup noodles, but I really wanted to try this because I looove Thai green curry haha! Although it was a Level 3 on the spiciness ranking and was even given a caution warning by Macca's themselves...I knew my tongue was probably gonna die and fall out of my mouth haha.

Ok so anyway, it was pretty good! The sauce is kind of weird tasting...really strong lemongrass notes which I'm not a particularly big fan of. But the chicken patty was delicious, very juicy and succulent and I love how it was fried and crispy in a way that's different from the usual chicken burger patties!

I had to chug one mug of tea, two and a half cups of cold milk, and constantly stuff fries into my mouth to douse the raging flames in my mouth throughout the whole experience, but it was still bearable haha. Even for a spice failure like myself :P

I'd recommend trying it at least once to see how you like it and how well you can handle the spice, plus the chicken is really good! Also great for exotic spice lovers, and lemongrass fanatics :))

***

Okay I'm probably not gonna update for a while, as I'll be leaving for Penang tomorrow for a week (seriously seizing the very last week of the school holidays here haha). Hope it'll be fun and that I won't get robbed or anything lol.

Hope you guys are well! And see you soon :) (maybe)

4 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays. I am currently on school holidays too. I've read a lot of your entries from the moment I decided to follow you on Bloglovin. I read about your life adventures because I think you're good at writing, I see humour and liveliness that I find to be charming. I don't think you should feel guilty about not blogging and you're not letting anyone down. You certainly not letting me down. Blogging should be fun so it's really up to do what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please continue to blog!! I'm watching you *smirk* Hahaha! Don't stop! It's a nice platform for old friends like me to get updates about you though we don't really talk often! Often, many might read but they are too lazy to comment. I know from my view counts at my blog. 50+ views per day and no one comments. But take it as a place to share your thoughts and new findings with the people around the world as well^^ I always love to read blog reviews! Keke! Push on! Hope to see you active still Renae! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh and I tried the Green Curry Mc Spicy as well, flaming hot even for me! I was on the edge of tearing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DONT STOPPPPPPPPPP #puddingfancyno1fan

    ReplyDelete