Sunday, 3 August 2014

Update: Llaollao, Nails, Ape Tits

Yo waddup~~

Apparently I'm feeling extra productive and am here typing up a new post within 72 hours of my previous one, yay for that! Hopefully this counts towards making up for the freaking 1-month dry spell where I completely abandoned my blog lol.

I've had a pretty chill weekend so far, and boy am I glad because this is pretty much the first weekend since the start of school that I can actually kick back, relax, and not spend the entire time freaking out about the huge super important project assignment(s) that is/are due the moment Monday rolls around.

Seriously though, it's gotten to a point where I literally can't spend a waking minute in peace because no matter what I'm doing, be it taking some time out to surf the net or going out to have dinner with my family, there's always a nagging sense of panic and dread at the back of my head because I'm not currently working on finishing my assignment.

God, I hate that feeling so much.

And the worst part is, I've come to find that I personally am not able to start on a task unless the feeling of OH SHIT I LITERALLY HAVE LIKE A FEW HOURS LEFT TO DO IT ALL AND THAT'S IF I DON'T SLEEP TONIGHT kicks in.

Every one of my projects have been done at the last minute. Every. Single. One.

I suck. I totally suck. >.<

Anyway, yesterday was pretty awesome coz I got up and basically spent the day being a lazy turd. There was a part of the day where I actually proceeded to just lay in my bed in the afternoon for almost three hours playing phone games and listening to 987FM because my baby girl Azra got to be on the radio for a while, live auditioning to be a DJ! So proud of her aww <3 And she gave our class (and her mum hehe) a shoutout on the airwaves, so that was pretty freaking cool.

I was very surprised at the great sound quality of listening to the radio on my phone, I should start doing that more often.

Later in the evening I went out with the fam to have dinner, which was mindblowingly good. We had Japanese, and like, quality Japanese, not the crappy chain restaurants kind (hello, Ajisen ramen). Will be blogging about that soon!

Meanwhile, here are some random photo updates from a while back!

***

A couple weeks ago I went to try Llaollao for the first time with the Cool Bae gang (Ner, Van, and Sum).

I'd been wanting to try it for a really long time but honestly I wasn't game for joining in the mad queues when it first opened on campus.

Prior to their opening in SP, I'd never even heard of this shop but apparently they're quite popular among the youth crowd? I'd actually never even seen one of their stores before, and never knew they existed but they have like five outlets, situated at teen hangouts like Somerset and Plaza Singapura.

Um. Why is it that I've never seen them before lol.


They're essentially a ~*healthy*~ frozen yogurt stall that offers lots of customisations of different toppings, but unlike most froyo shops nowadays, it's not a DIY thing. Which is good because I always go overboard and pump out like 500g of yogurt and end up having to pay like $12 for a cup of dessert lmao.

Upon first taste, I realized that their yogurt tastes kinda different from say, the ones from Sogurt or Swirl@rt or Yami Yogurt. It was a lot denser, noticeably less sweet, and had a much tangier aftertaste.

Someone (i forgot who) told me that they actually use Greek yogurt, but I've just found out from Llaollao's website that their yogurt is actually made from skim milk instead. And, their website even claims that theirs is THE REAL frozen yogurt, and that all the other competitor froyo brands (like the ones i mentioned in the previous paragraph), are actually YOGURT ICE CREAMS and not froyo at all! No wonder they all taste so sweet and ice cream-y! Cool stuff!

I got myself the traditional Sanum yogurt, which was the most reasonably priced item on the menu and also seemed the most fun lol. It's essentially a cup of froyo parfait, where you get to choose three different types of fresh fruits, a crunchy topping, and a sauce! They then craft your fully customised creation by layering it with the delicious yogurt and making it all look really pretty.

The ordering process is fun as hell, I'm gonna take you through it now and I'm so excited just to be writing about it, it's really quite sad lol.

So basically the girl takes your order and in my case, it's the Sanum, so she grabs the cup thingy and pumps in the yogurt base. Now, this is where it gets interesting...CHOOSING OF TOPPINGS!! :D :D :D

First up, we got some yummeh fresh fruits!


I got peaches, which was exciting for me because I hardly ever eat peaches (except those sweet and delicious but very unhealthy ones that come in cans with the syrup), strawberries because you can never go wrong with those, and bananas, because they make you feel happy and happiness is always welcome in my life teehee~ ^^

Next, the really fun part, you get to pick your crunch!


The selection makes me very very excited...and totally spoiled for choice! I was gonna go with the Oreos because forreal though, froyo + Oreos is a match made in heaven. They ALWAYS taste so good together! But I decided to try out the caramelized cookies instead and boy, am I glad! They tasted so good I almost cried :')

At this point they'll pump another delectable layer of yogurt into your cup, complete with a pretty swirl~~

And last but not least, choose the sauce to top off your delicious froyo parfait with!


As you can see, their sauces pretty much all sound super exotic and interesting. Was a bit confused as to what raffaello sauce was at first, but then I realized that word sounds kinda familiar...and then I remembered!

Ferrero Raffaello!


So basically it tastes just like how the chocolate confection does; white chocolate-y, strong coconut flavours and a hint of almond nuttiness!

Was originally planning on getting candy milk coz that sounds so sweet and lovely, but then I walked to the end of the counter and saw that...THEY HAD RUM & RAISIN SAUCE.

OH. MY. GOD.

I cannot stress how much I FREAKING LOVE RUM & RAISIN!!!!!!!!!!

Back in the good ol' days Swensens had Rum & Raisin flavoured ice cream and that shit was THE BOMB. Had it back when I was like a little kid lol (up until i was like, 13 years old i think) but then some doofus decided to pull it off the menu because *NO ALCOHOL* ugh what a party pooper and now it's replaced with this weird ass flavour called...yummy raisin.

Ok then.

Anyways yeah, I freakin' love me some yummy rum & raisins so I was mentally doing kicks and flips in the air as the Llaollao girl ladled some of that delectable sauce alllllll over my yummy froyo concoction.


And there you have it, a mini tower of yummy goodness. Very photogenic too, I'd say. Look at that little mashup of colourful fruits and crumbled caramel cookie grains peeking out. Beautiful.

And yes, the spoon is hella tall lol.

The rum & raisin sauce was as delicious as I'd imagined it to be. The only grudge I had was that it was way too sweet. It's the kind of sweetness that sort of paralyses your tongue and has you reaching out for a gulp of plain water, or five, after every mouthful of diabetes-causing sugar overload you have.

With that being said, it was balanced out almost perfectly when combined with the froyo because the plain yogurt in itself is actually quite bland tasting.

The fruits were really yummy (but also hella sweet...), and I simply LOVE the caramelized cookies! The crumbled grainy texture goes so well with the smooth and creamy froyo, and I swear I would kill to find out what cookies they used because they seriously taste AMAZING.

All in all, it was lovely to pick out my own ingredients and see how pretty it all looked before digging in, but I don't think I'd be getting it on a regular basis coz $5.90 for this medium cup of yogurt is a bit steep...

It did, however, fill me right up and I was feeling soooo full (and kinda bloated actually...) when I finished just this cup of dessert!

I'll probably head back there some time because I really wanna try out the other ingredient and topping combinations lol, especially the super interesting sounding ones like candy milk!! And the almond crocanti crunch! Why are all the names so cool?!

Freaking Llaollao drawing me in with their super fun and unique ingredient customizations...dang it!


Oh here's a pic of their long and...dangerously sharp spoon thingy. It's not even shaped like a proper spoon wtf. And yes my froyo melted into yogurt soup within minutes because it was a hot hot day and...I ended up taking like eight photos at various angles before actually having my first bite hahahaha.

It still tasted great in liquid form, though!


Here are my cupcake nails which I did during the school holidays, when I actually had the luxury of time. *sobs*

I know it's nowhere near perfect and my fingernails and nail beds are in a horrendous state, but I must say that I'm really proud of it coz I'm seriously complete rubbish when it comes to nail art, despite having so much interest in it and having tried at least 10 times in the past year to accomplish at least a decent looking design.

This is probably my most successful nail art manicure to date, and I was obsessed with staring at it nonstop when it was still on my fingers! I even did it a lot in public, just laid my hands out in front of me and stared intently at them, slowly rotating them and looking at my work of art at varying angles and distances. I got quite a few peculiar glares from people...

Can I also just say that I'm really proud of the candy stripes because I honestly cannot draw straight and even lines on my nails FOR SHIT, and I messed up so many times and had to rub it all off and start from square one.

It was highly frustrating and yes, the stripes that you see in the picture are nowhere near perfect, but I am pretty darn pleased with them, even if I do say so myself.

Last but not least, here's something that made me chuckle a few days back when I was feeling completely shitty and miserable:


Bon APE TIT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD.

I love a good laugh :')

No comments:

Post a Comment