Sunday, 2 November 2014

Fremantle Fun Times :))

Here are some photos taken at Fremantle on a truly splendid night indeed during my last trip to Perth. 29th March, to be exact. And yes I do realize that that was ages ago, and I am very ashamed over the fact that I'm only getting around to posting about it now haha. Anyways...

Enjoy~!


Adorable ferris wheel that is one of the first things you see upon arriving at Fremantle. So exciting!! I always love going there, even though my family and I don't really do much except wander around for a bit, maybe grab some ice cream from Baskin Robbins hehe <3


Joe's Fish Shack!!

I remember eating there all the time when I was a kid. Sadly I wasn't a big fan of seafood at the time (and i couldn't eat any fish either since i am allergic), so I'd always just get the kid's meal marinara pasta item which is pretty much the most BASIC dish ever. What a waste!! It was still delicious though. The parmesan cheese that they'd provide wasn't just the powdered kind or even grated, they'd present you with a small dish of FRESHLY SHAVEN parmesan!! That's how you know the quality of the dining establishment is A+.

My family and I stopped going there when I was like, thirteen or so because they increased the prices quite a fair bit and we just weren't that rich lol. I'm not surprised, the quality of the food, the wonderful ambience, the AMAZING DECOR (it's fully decked out in awesome nautical furnishings, really cool). Everything was top notch. Hopefully I'd be able to return for a visit some time in the near future, maybe for a special occasion. I'd sure love to treat my parents to a meal there!

I remember during one visit when I was really young; my dad was at work and my sister wasn't even born yet so it was just my mother and I. She wanted to treat me to a scoop of gelato on top of the usual dishes we'd get for lunch, and I was SO, SO EXCITED! Back then I'd never tried gelato before and I had no idea what it was like, but it was featured on a tv show I had watched recently (i think it was Hi-5 lol) so I was definitely curious. We ordered it and it was SOOOOOOO GOOD like, holy shit. It was really rich and decadent and creamy, my mum and I thoroughly enjoyed every last bit of it and that afternoon was so great. I don't have that many memories from that time because I was so young, but this is one thing that I've always remembered clearly :))


Obligatory photo of the stunning scenery. It looks almost identical to the photos taken in this post where we also headed to Fremantle some time in June last year hahaha.

I really, really love the beauty of this place. During the night time there's barely any people so it's incredibly tranquil. I love the way the lights are reflected in the calm, glistening waters, and the Aussie cool weather and gentle breeze just makes everything absolutely perfect.


We went for a leisurely stroll around the boardwalk. I was busy snapping my pictures, when all of a sudden my dad exclaimed that he'd spotted a little pufferfish that had somehow ended up out of the water and in the middle of the boardwalk path!


Having had decades of veterinarian experience, obviously his first instinct was to scoop it right up and inspect it to see if it was still alive and kicking lol.


HOW CUTE IS THIS!!!?!?!?!?!?!!

I'd never seen a real life pufferfish so up close and personal before, so I was definitely squealing with excitement hehe.

Turns out it was not only still alive but also completely healthy, so my dad let him into the water and it went about its business, happily swimming around! Although I really wonder how it wound up on the boardwalk in the first place hahaha


Very cute office space :)


Ship thingy lol


Oops sorry, I meant Duyfken!


I wonder if I will ever in this lifetime achieve so much wealth that I'll be able to have my own boat...Not that it's ever been one of my goals haha. I don't even know if I'm the kind of person who'll get seasick :\

And I don't know the first thing about keeping and maintaining boats so...I think I'll stick with my goal of owning a private jet so I can constantly be inside of an airplane at all times HAHA. (and have airplane food all the time, damn. that's the dream!)


Okay story time: So we were chilling on this part of the boardwalk that had a memorial wall of pillars with fishermen's names and some fishermen statues. There was another family there too, and they seemed to be fishing which was NOT ALLOWED, based on the many signs present around that area.

Well, apparently they managed to catch some fish and their little son...

held a fish to one of the pillars...

and PUNCHED it.

Repeatedly.

And if that wasn't enough, after the brutal bashing torture session he sent the poor little fish back into the waters, by DROPKICKING it.


?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!??!?!

WHAT THE HELL???????????

Why would anyone do such a thing???!?!?!!?!?!?!


Close-up of the poor little fish that got brutally beaten to death and KICKED back into the water.

I seriously cannot comprehend such sickening acts of cruelty. And from someone at such a young age, too! The boy couldn't have been any older than perhaps 10 years old. His family sure didn't give a rat's ass about what he was doing.

My sister is like, THE biggest animal lover in the world (probably inherited it from my dad haha) and she was so horrified and upset she started crying.

It was some messed up shit, forreal.

Damn.


Anyway here's one of the fisherman statues.


I took a selfie with him lol DON'T JUDGE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!1!!!!!

I did it because my dad was teasing me about taking selfies all the time (this was during a different phase of my life...i no longer take as many selfies... mainly because my phone is getting old and slow and i just can't be arsed to wait twelve seconds upon pressing the shutter before the photo gets taken HAHA) and when I showed him the above photo he was all impressed like wow that is actually a really nice selfie the lighting and quality is so sharp and on point LOLLLL.

Come to think of it, I don't even look like that anymore...Like I'm pretty sure my face has become a different face within the span of the seven months since the above photo was taken like woah...I am ageing fast...

Alrighty MOVING ON!!


We went to Cicerello's and had a little tour. Yet another restaurant that I one day hope to dine at. Especially their Lobster Mornay!! I've been dreaming about it ever since I was a kid hahaha.


Grand display case of assorted cakes and pastries. Got me salivating and crying at the same time :(( I WANT EVERYTHING!! It all looks so beautiful T^T

We went around their fabulous aquarium, which is chock full of just the most gorgeous and exotic sea life.


Hello, Dory~! Otherwise known as the Blue Tang fish, or Paracanthurus. Thank you, Google! lol


Cutie!!


Ginormous fish, with my finger for scale. Holy shit, that thing is huge!


VERY BIG LOBSTER, TOO.


The lobsters are huge?!?!!! (i want to eat you hehehehe)


I LOVE STINGRAYS OMG. (i don't like eating them tho so yeah hahaha)

THEY ARE SO CUTE!! Little sea pancakes <3 <3


I'm not quite sure what these are, but they look like mini sharks so that's what I will refer to them as lol


I love all you mini sharks!! There were quite a number of them haha. SOOOOOO CUTE!!


Yet another one teehee. I would like to own a mini shark myself too, yes please!


Sea anemone! Very pretty to see them swaying around rhythmically in the water :)


Sea cucumber, which looks gross, as they always do hahaha


Very long starfish! Ready to see something gross?


EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

THE CLOSE UP DETAILS GOT ME MESSED UP, MAN. SERIOUSLY I CANNOT TAKE THIS!!! PLEASE GET IT AWAY FROM MY SIGHT!!!!!!!!!!


Two arms of a starfish peeking through!


Lil starfish and YAY YET ANOTHER MINI SHARK!! HELLO, MINI SHARK!!!!! I LOVE YOU HAHAHAHA


SO MANY STARFISHES!!!!!

They're just chillin', they don't give a shit about the crises of the world. Ain't nothin' gon stress a starfish out, that's for sure!


Last one, with super disgusting little details on the bottom, YUCK.


That's the end of the aquarium tour! The swordfish mounted onto the ceiling encourages you to go like them on their Facebook page teehehee~~


Oh god looks like something went CHOMP CHOMP on this poor lil boat/canoe/kayak thingy. Hope any humans inside of it were safe!!


And here we have a gorgeous picture of Miss Cicerello to end off this post. (on the left you will be able to see the memorial pillars i mentioned earlier in this post)

It is available for exclusive hire, and FULLY CATERED functions!! Oh my lord, imagine having a little birthday party celebration aboard this magnificent thing, with food catered from Cicerello's amazing fresh seafood and tantalising dessert menu, OH MY GOODNESS.

ADDED TO THE OL' BUCKET LIST, YES?

No comments:

Post a Comment