Monday, 24 August 2015

Battle of the KFC Wings

Sponsored

I'm sure most of you have noticed some tantalising new offerings from KFC, not one but TWO spanking new flavours of chicken wings! :D

I had the pleasure of attending a tasting event last week prior to the official launch, and let me just say before I even mention anything in this post about the food, that the KFC outlet at Kallang Stadium is BEYOND gorgeous.


Honestly I've never been in this area (lol sports what sports??! wat r this "sp0r ts" that u speak of) and I probably wouldn't have visited this particular branch if it weren't for the event, but I sure am glad I did because the chill vibes and awesome decor left me very impressed indeed.

Apparently it had undergone a renovation not too long ago, and the entire restaurant is decked out in beautiful modern furnishings with a sporty theme.



There were a couple of young students chillin' there and getting some studying done as well, so it definitely seems like a great hang out spot! Also, the fact that it's an external outlet on its own means temporarily getting away from busy shopping mall crowds, which I personally find really annoying after some time lol


And now, moving on to the much anticipated wings!


They come in two different flavours - Umadare from Japan, and Yang Yeum from Korea.

I was super excited about sampling the both of them, but the Umadare one stood out as a clear favourite for me right when I took my very first bite.


It's sooooo tasty!! Deliciously savoury with just a hint of tang that makes it very addictive indeed. It's the kind of flavour that you won't get sick of even after devouring a whole wing! Or five...HAHAHA but forreal doe


The Yang Yeum one would definitely appeal to you if you happen to love spicy foods. I'm talking some SERIOUS heat up in here lol legit your mouth will be set in flames!! Or maybe that's just coz I'm a spice wimp...hahaha *cries*

Either way, both of them pack a mighty punch in the flavour department and what I love even more is that they're unbelievably crispy, despite being coated in sauce.

After talking to the manager of the store, I was let in on the secret that the wings are actually freshly breaded in-store with a SPECIAL batter, before being deep-fried to crispy, golden perfection and coated with yummy, saucy goodness.

I am in LOVE, oh my gosh.


Make sure you hurry on down to your nearest KFC outlet to give each of these flavours a try to see which one you like best. And while you're at it, why not take part in their fun and simple contest where you stand the chance to win one of 15 sets of $10 KFC vouchers? MORE chicken!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!! lol


All you gotta do is snap a picture or video of you enjoying either the Umadare wings, Yang Yeum wings, or better yet, BOTH, and upload it onto Instagram! In your caption, make sure to include the hashtag #kfcoishii if you preferred the Umadare flavour or #kfcmashisoyo if you preferred Yang Yeum*.

*those words mean "delicious" in Japanese and Korean respectively, btw. lol cool cool

Last but not least, make sure your account is set to public so that they'd be able to see all the fantastic entries you post!

Click here for the full version of contest rules and details :)

Good luck and enjoy dem delicious wings, y'all!!

1 comment:

  1. The chicken wings look yummy and that is the nicest KFC restaurant that I have seen.

    ReplyDelete