Saturday, 18 June 2016

i pretend my food was cooked by gordon ramsay

For some reason I always wind up watching Hell's Kitchen when I'm vacationing in Perth. Partly because I know the internet's gonna be rather shitty, so it has become a ritual for me to download an entire season's worth of late-night entertainment in preparation for the trip.


You can imagine how extreme my 3am cravings get when I hear good ol' Gordon yelling "lobster capellini!!" and "scallop risotto!!!!1" at the top of his lungs. I'll be damned if he's complaining about them being "raw" and "stone FUCKING cold in the middle!!! u DONKEYY".

All the exotic seafood, cooked to fine dining perfection by Ramsay's impeccable standards, sound like absolute perfection, paradise, fantasy come true etc, etc.

Which is precisely why I just had to pretend that the seafood I gorged on at Fremantle came straight out of Hell's Kitchen.

Hey, a girl can dream right?

just wait til i get all rich and fancy, best believe imma get me a table at the REAL Hell's Kitchen

either that, or i blow my life savings on that one epic meal and go dumpster diving for scraps for the rest of my days :'))

#WORTHIT, i'll bet.


Kailis seafood restaurant, down at Fremantle. Nice and cozy seafood eatery :))


Classic fish n' chips! The piping hot sticks of freshly fried spud were fluffy within, goes really well with a hefty sprinkling of chicken salt. And if you're feelin' adventurous, doused in some vinegar as well. The sharp tang really adds a new dimension to the way you've been enjoying chips this whole time!


Ahhh, scallops. The BBQ gave it a smokey richness which I found to be a tad overpowering. Had to down numerous gulps of iced tea each time to wash all that jelat-ness down. Also, I'm not the biggest fan of the roe that's attached. Just give me the main star of the show and I'm a happy camper!

Guess I've still got a long way to go before experiencing succulent scallops simply seared a la Gordon.


My mum's garlic prawns! She was expecting something creamy instead of just drowned in herby oil. I found the prawns to be too rich, again lol


My lobster mornay!!

Ridiculously fresh, tender, juicy. Dreamily delicious.

The cream sauce was A++, was BEYOND thankful that it wasn't overly rich as well lol honestly I would've just died.

Cheese melt was tasty, all in all it was a great dish.

Of course, it disappeared down to my belly within seconds and at almost $50 for half of a lobster? That's like, my two weeks' worth of food expenditure right there.

It didn't just burn a hole in my pocket, why don't you just set my entire pair of jeans on fire while you're at it. Torching my broke ass in the meantime.

Damn, that's some expensive shit

Love u <3, but u hurt me so </3

Finna go save up for the next 12 to 15 years to introduce just one Gordon Ramsay dish in my life now, bye

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you are enjoying good seafood in Perth. I haven't eaten good seafood for a long time now as I live in the middle of nowhere. I look forward to seeing more of your food adventures.

    ReplyDelete