Thursday, 5 January 2017

Message for you because i sincerely wish nothing but the best for you.

Hi friends. Hi internet strangers who’ve made my virtual acquaintance.

You’re a human being, and you’re taking the time out of your day to read my shit. So it’s all one and the same.

I want you to be happy.

And with that, there is one thing I need to say to you. One thing I need you to do.


It’s 2017. Cut all toxic people out of your life, once and for all. It’s time.

Do not, EVERRR, feel like you are to blame for Debbie Downers and Negative Nancys from your world. Much less people who are actively out to sabotage your happiness for no goddamn reason!

this post appears too wordy without a pic. also, i just wanted to flex how gosh darn cute my new planner is lol IT SPARKLES!!

My psych lecturer in Singapore Poly actually talked about this during one of her lectures, and I remember it to this very day! And that says a lot coz most of my polytechnic education journey was spent staring at guys instead of the powerpoint slides or the whiteboard HAHA shut up!!

I think the topic of the week was social influence, and it couldn’t have come at a better time because I was, at that very time, going through a troubling friendship situation myself. I was getting increasingly drained by this one person who was in my clique, and I knew it. But I just lived with it.

My lecturer said, to allow that one toxic person to carry on interacting with you is to allow a seed of nastiness to be planted. Each moment you spend with them just waters the plant, and over time it’ll manifest into something so out of control and major that you won’t even be able to tear it out from the roots without inflicting serious damage to both yourself and the other party.


So once you identify that the person is a bad seed, fucking dig that shit out and fling it to the other side of the earth, man!! Don’t wait!! DON’T HESITATE!! IT WILL BE TOO LATE (is it i #rapgod)

[insert commercial break so as to cater to all y’all more visually-inclined folk:]

wah, got gif somemore sia lol
(i freaking love me some turquoise + holographicsssss T^T)

Any human that serves to ONLY tear you down, drain you and make you feel awful (usually unwarranted, too) has no place in your social circle.


You might think to yourself, oh I can’t do that. He/she is one of my only few friends. I need them to stick around.

Nah, fuck that.

Being by your lovely self is so much better than hanging out with some soul-sucking piece of shit whose gratification in life is derived solely from making their supposed “friends” feel downright miserable.

And trust me, the world is fucking huge. You’re gonna meet people who will come into your life and shower you with love, care, support and all sorts of wonderful feelings. I swear to god, it’s the best thing ever.

So make sure you can be that kind of person to those around you too :))

No comments:

Post a Comment