Sunday, 7 May 2017

food that i done gone & ate xo

Just shots of food that aren't gonna warrant their own post. ENJOY DA VISUAL FEAST, ya salty corndogzz!! <3

Fish & Co's signature mussels in garlic lemon butter sauce.

It really is as sinfully delicious as it looks and SOUNDS. The sauce is flavourful af, with just the right amount of lemon juice to cut through the richness and not make it jelak. Who doesn't like garlic, right? And who doesn't like BUTTER. Freaking drown me in that shit, goddamn.

Comes with a basket of cranberry bread. Super fluffy and GR8 for mopping up every last drop of that amazing gravy, unfffff.

Saizeriya solo lunch feast. Chicken strips, garlic foccacia, spicy tuna arrabiata, and a cold salad that's 80% finished coz my famished ass self couldn't wait til all the dishes arrived at the table before snapping a pic xo

Remember that cup of coffee and stray strips of fried chicken in this post's first pic (actually idk why i bothered asking. obviously it's a No. and if you DID remember, that's like some next-level stalker shit where you memorise the exact contents of my every post lol I SCARED SIA)? Yeah, that was me having the absolute Time Of My Life ™ straight up SCARFING down plate after plate of cheap ass, GOOD ASS Italian food all on my own.

As far as budget eateries go, Saizeriya is my fucking ride or die, baby. Soooo many lovely dishes at dirt cheap prices. I was getting some work done that day after satiating my mammoth hunger, and the drink bar filled me right up with endless cups of soda, lemonade, coffee and even HOT MILO.

All that...and my total bill was $14.80. I shit you not.

The world is truly amazing :')

Neighbourhood kopitiam minced mushroom (that would be the brown goop on top!) noodles. Comes with pork slivers, meatballs, and fishcake slices.

Y'all can't see it coz it's all sunken to the bottom and I hadn't tossed it yet, but there's literally a SEA of chilli sauce. And that shit was potent, too.

I told the noodle stall auntie to give me extra, EXTRA chilli coz their homemade blend is really to-die-for. Very fragrant, packs a flavour punch that you just would not believe. And every time prior that I'd gone to this stall and requested for extra chilli thus far, it was never enough!

So the lady proceeded to fill half the bowl with pure spice and...sure enough. It was adequate. To the point where I couldn't feel my fucking tongue after every three mouthfuls or so :') But good god, it was worth it. Numb mouth, throbbing lips* and all.

*i just realized how wildly inappropriate this sounds lol. the sexual connotations behind these symptoms, oh my!

English breakfast platter from D'Good Cafe (the one at Orchard, not Holland Village).

I have no idea what type of sorcery was involved but that plain little loaf of brioche that you see was...beyond incredible. So soft, so delicately sweet and chewy. It was served just toasty enough to warm through butter and melt it into a glistening golden glaze, without scalding your bare fingers.

Let me loose in a bakery where these fluffy babies are made and I'd devour them by the TRAYFUL. Good lord...I'd be like muhfuckin Squidward back there in the Patty Vault, holy shit.


Straight to my thighs and I assure you I wouldn't give two shits!

It was soooo tasty, oh my word. I'm crying right now as I type this.

Still from D'Good, some solid (as in quality, but also yeah they were Hard)(hehehe) scotch eggs.

Encased in wonderfully savoury Cumberland sausage meat, perched nicely on a bed of smashed pea puree.

In addition to lending a gorgeous hue to the dish (SHREK AESTHETIC!! <3), the peas had this lovely flavour that was muted and earthy in all the right proportions. More dishes should feature peas, tbh. Fuck those kids AND piss-baby grown-ups with immature palates who classify peas as a "gross vegetable". Grow the hell up, you BigWhiningBaboon.com, you're probably in the same category as those lil bitches who moan and groan about tofu/mushrooms/broccoli tasting yucky (LUDICROUS).

Y'all have no idea what good shiet you're missing out on. Goooood shietttt.

And finally,

Chorizo pasta from The White Button.

The name of the dish itself is simple but boy, was this a plateful of heaven for both my tummy and my taste buds.

Because of the pork sausage and abundant bell peppers, it tasted heavily reminiscent of a super supreme PIZZA. No lie, it truly was like eating a delicious pizza in noodle form. If only there were some roasted onions in the mix! That would've been bombbb.

But they tossed it in plenty of garlic, so I'm not even mad. Shit tasted superb. And it was just the right portion to fill me up without leaving me STUFFED and unable to finish it all (food wastage makes me Sad)!

Best part?


Yep...these pics and this post is an entire month overdue...coz i've been lazy as dongs lol LET A BITCH LIVE!!

But the main thing here is: What would've originally cost close to twenty bucks per plate was slashed all the way to $5.

Fuck me silly, if that didn't add a whole new dimension to my enjoyment of this glorious dish.

God is good, y'all.

#blessed xo

No comments:

Post a Comment